The program at Hope Hall is not designed to meet the needs of students who are classified as emotionally disturbed, nor does it meet the needs of students whose Full Scale IQ is below 70. The following criteria provide guidelines for admission to Hope Hall:
- Functioning at least two years below grade level in two or more subjects.
- Aptitude test scores are too high for “special education” programs, but too low
to succeed in regular classrooms (generally, Full Scale IQ is between
70 and 90).
- Has poor study and organizational skills.
- Has very low self-esteem and poor self-image as a learner, due to repeated lack of success in school.
- May have auditory processing, speech/language difficulties, learning difficulties, learning disabilities, ADD or ADHD.