Hope Hall is an independent, multi-cultural, alternative school, reverencing diversity and welcoming children with special learning needs.We are committed to the philosophy that given enough time and the right learning environment, all students can learn well. We design teaching/learning strategies for students who have consistently experienced frustration and failure in the traditional classroom setting. We believe in a collaborative approach to learning that connects students, faculty, staff and families as team members in a community of learners.
Goal: Our students will be successful, life-long learners.
Objectives: To achieve this goal Hope Hall:
- Provides a small class setting of 8-12 students in elementary grades and 10-15 in high school.
- Provides a mainstream curriculum which focuses on basic skills in language arts (listening, speaking, reading, writing), mathematics, social studies, science, foreign language (Spanish), art, music, and physical education.
- Provides intensive remediation for students to bring them to grade level and prepare them for High School.
- Provides a learning environment in which:
- Material is presented slowly, in small sequential units, to allow for content mastery.
- All of the senses are used in the learning process.
- Flexible teaching styles correlate with learning styles.
- Students develop higher level thinking skills including, drawing conclusions, making inferences, and predicting outcomes.
- Encouragement, support and community spirit is fostered among students, teachers, and staff.
- All students can experience success and find encouragement for themselves as persons, and as students. Feelings of self-worth, confidence and social growth are emphasized for each learner.