Linda's Cupboard helps our children and their families!
Linda Foster had a passionate desire to meet the physical as well as educational needs of our children, and for 10 years worked with a widening circle of close friends, headed by Gail Lyle, to provide snacks and lunches for students whose families were a “little short on cash.”
Linda was certain that in addition to writing grants for Hope Hall, there was something else God planned for her to do. In January of 2009, in the middle of the night, it came to her, and she took our her legal pad and wrote down the vision of a Hope Hall Food Cupboard for our families who don’t receive public assistance, but who never have enough at the end of the month to make ends meet.
Linda’s idea was to get volunteers and organizations to donate non-perishable items that every family needs. These would be shelved by volunteers and then on the 3rd or 4th weeks of each month, when bills are paid and cash is the leanest, Hope Hall families would be able to fill some reusable bags with items they need, thus saving some cash for things such as gas, bus fare, prescriptions, or perishable items.
Linda’s Cupboard is for the Hope Hall families who have jobs, but never have enough money to pay all the bills at the end of the month, or can’t fill the car with gas, or never have enough at the end of the month to take the kids for ice cream. By receiving items from Linda’s Cupboard, they have a little more cash at the end of the month to do these things.
The Cupboard is open the last two Thursdays of the month from 3:30-6:00 p.m. We rely heavily on donations to stock our Cupboard. the list below gives ideas of what we need each month. If you can't actually do the shopping yourself and get the items to school, you can join the growing number of people who make a cash donation to Hope Hall for Linda's Cupboard. There are four volunteers who will get the items and bring them to school.
Linda’s Cupboard is one more way of providing Hope for our families. We thank God for giving Linda the vision, and for giving us Linda, a magnificent woman.
Items Needed for Linda’s Cupboard
As of May 11, 2015
BOLDED Items Are Priorities
- Batteries (NEW): A, AA, AAA, C, and D
- Bottle-return receipts
- White copy paper, 20- or 24 lb. (8 1/2 x 11) – 40 cases minimal each year
- Scotch tape (refill rolls), Duct tape, masking tape
- #9 and #10 envelopes plain white envelopes
- Gift cards: Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Home Depot, Lowes, Staples, Target, Tops,Walmart, and Wegmans, etc.
- Gloves (disposable)
- Grocery store items: apple juice, packaged cookies, granola bars, raisins, after-school snacks, lemonade mix, cherry cough drops,
paper towels, Kleenex, hot/cold cups, 9-inchfoam plates, plastic spoons and forks, 13-gallon trash bags, bottled water, Clorox wipes
- HP #60 color and black Inkjet cartridges (new) for Development Office
- I-tunes gift cards for music in music class and for student recognition gifts
- Keurig K cups (regular & decaf coffee, teas, hot chocolate for donor meetings)
- Office supplies: heavy duty sheet protectors, manila folders, 8 1/2 x 11”, white-out, scotch tape refill rolls, Avery address labels #5960, envelopes
(9x12 and 6x9 inches), pens, pencils,markers, etc.
- Outdoor games/toys to use at recess, Bey Blades, NEW Legos (older age sets), 500 piece puzzles, Bike helmets, Posters of Sports Teams
- Postage stamps (Forever kind)
- Safety goggles
- Sports equipment (new or in good condition): soccer balls, basketballs, softballs, bats,baseball gloves, etc.
- Woodworking supplies: nails and screws (any size), wood dowels, sandpaper and pine woodboards (any size).
Donations for Linda’s Cupboard Food Program (benefits Hope Hall families):
- Any non-perishable food items, laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, personal hygiene items, etc.
Gift Cards to purchase items we do not have in the cupboard. (Aldi’s, Dollar Tree, Price-Rite, Tops,Walmart and Wegmans).
If you have any questions about Hope Hall needs, please contact:
Shaunta Collier-Santos, Director of Development
(585) 426-5824, ext. 107 or email@example.com
Connect with us on Social Media: Like Us on FaceBook, Pin Us on Pinterest, Follow Us on Twitter, Link to us On LinkedIn.com or Check-in at Hope Hall School on Foursquare.
If your group would like to organize a fundraiser to benefit Linda's Cupboard or to hold a food and personal hygiene drive, please contact Shaunta Collier-Santos, Director of Development, at 585-426-5824, ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org