For January’s Director’s Corner, Sister Diana revisits December’s topic on the importance of being points of Light and Hope, because toward the end of 2022, we lost two individuals within the Hope Hall Community who embodied those qualities. In this issue, we pay tribute to both of them.
She also focuses on the topic of happiness, pointing out that it is “an inside matter, ” and she offers a “recipe” for bringing happiness into our own lives, as well as those of our children.
In this issue, you’ll also find articles and information on:
- Our Student of the Month, 10th Grader David Burt
- Experience Italy (Please reserve April 29th on your calendar and watch February’s newsletter for registration!)
- TJ Ruberti, our Alumni Spotlight for January
- Middle School Math Teacher, Ms. Amie Fouchie, who held “Math Olympics,” as an innovative way to teach ordering numbers and working with decimals to her students
- A tribute to former student and one of our points of Light and Hope who we lost in December, Tilahun (‘T’) Gushish (to watch a video tribute done in loving memory of him, Click Here)
- A tribute to another of our points of Light and Hope who passed away in November, Board Member Dr. Barry Culhane
- A Project done by the Senior Class called Painting with a Crunch
- Snowmen in the Library!
- An invitation to join us for Celebrate Hope, a new Interactive Open House on February 17th (for more information on this event, Click Here)
- A photo collage of thanks to the Gates Fire District, for providing warm, new coats to our students through their annual initiative, Operation Warm