November Newsletter: How Tolerance and Acceptance Can Overcome Violence
In the November Newsletter, Sister Diana talks about the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) that was designed to ensure that all schools and school districts would set in place policies for how to handle acts of bullying and aggression.
Although this was a step in the right direction, she notes that creating an educational environment and culture that teaches values such as tolerance, acceptance, empathy, respect and hospitality with the same deliberateness and seriousness that it teaches math, reading, science and other topics is far more successful at reducing bullying and violence.
This issue also includes:
- Three new additions to Hope Hall’s Faculty
- Hope Hall’s One-Day Holiday Woodworking Sale
- A Thanks to our Hope Heroes Gala Sponsors, and photos from the event
- Everyday Heroes in Hope Hall’s Classroom
- Hope Hall’s Alumni Success Story
- Our Students Being Everyday Heroes
- The Poinsettia Sale