Breakfast meals will vary daily and offer a variety of items each morning. Breakfast includes an entrée as well as a variety of fruit, juice, and milk.
The cost of Breakfast is $1.10.
All of our lunches come from Gates-Chili School District Food Service. Each day the students will have a choice of a hot meal, , a cold meal or a peanut butter/jelly meal. All sandwiches will be served on whole wheat bread.
Each lunch will include either fresh fruit or canned fruit. The canned fruit will be low sodium and low sugar. Each lunch will also include a vegetable. Students will have 3 choices of milk: 1% white, fat free chocolate, or fat free white.
The cost of Lunch is $3.50.
ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKS OTHER THAN MILK, WATER, 100% FRUIT JUICE WILL BE ALLOWED.
School Lunch Program Rules
For those who want school lunches:
- Lunch menus are sent home on the second or third Monday of the month. Menus must be returned by the date noted. Orders MUST be placed monthly. Lunches are $3.50 each.
- Payment may be made with cash, money order or check for the exact amount and must be submitted with the menu. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Hope Hall. There is a fee of $25 on all returned checks.
- Each lunch selection MUST be circled. If your child will not be purchasing lunch on a certain day, please X the day.
- If a child forgets his/her lunch, a peanut butter/jelly meal will be available for $3.50 A slip will be sent home requesting payment the next day.
- PLEASE, do not send cans or bottles of soda, carbonated drinks, or drinks that are high in sugar or caffeine. This is in keeping with codes established by the New York State Health Department.
- Appropriate table manners are expected in our Cafeteria as we view this as our dining room. Students may bring their own lunches from home, however microwaves are NOT available for student use.
We ask that each family follow these rules and keep them posted in a convenient location for your reference.
If you have any questions about lunch orders, please contact our Child Nutrition Team at CNP@hopehall.org
Child Nutrition FAQ’s?
What is the cost of breakfast? Breakfast is $1.10 for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
What is the cost of lunch? Lunch is $3.50 for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
What if my child wants more than one milk? Each additional milk is fifty (50) cents.
Can my child just buy milk? Yes, the cost of milk is 50 cents.
What if my child forgets their lunch? A peanut butter and jelly lunch will be provided. If payment is due, an invoice will be mailed home at the end of each month. Payment is due within 15 days.
When are menus sent home? Menus are sent home in the Communication Folders mid-month for the following month. For example, October 2022 menu will come home around September 12th.
When are menus due back to school? We give families one week to complete and return menus.
Do I need to send a menu back if my child brings lunch every day? Yes, due to how we source our lunches, we are required to have a menu on file for every student.
How do I return my child’s menu? You may return the menu in one of three ways:
1. Email to email@example.com
2. Fax to (585) 426-3319 Attn: Alicia Hart
3. Return with your child to the attention of Alicia Hart
When is payment due for breakfast? You will receive an invoice at the end of each month.
When is payment due for lunch? Payment is due at the time menus are returned.
What forms of payment are accepted? We accept checks, cash, or money orders for meal payments. Credit cards are NOT accepted.
Who do I call if I have questions? You can call Alicia Hart at (585) 426-0210 ext. 110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf(link is external), from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.