The below information can be found in our
2021-2022 Parent Guide Book.
Hope Hall expects its students to behave in a professional manner with respect for the community. Students have a choice in their behaviors knowing that their choices have consequences (positive or negative). The goal is for the students to be able to self-monitor their behaviors and learn from them. School staff will utilize disciplinary action only when necessary to support the students’ need for structure.
Students are not permitted to enter the building before 7:30am. Students who arrive to school between 7:30am and 7:50am are to report directly to the Cafeteria. Students arriving after 7:50am must either report to the cafeteria for grades 3-8 or to the gymnasium for grades 9-12. Students are not allowed to loiter in the hallways at any time. Students will only be allowed to leave their designated breakfast area if they have a pre-signed pass from a teacher. Students will be released to go to homeroom between 8:20am -8:25am.
Dismissal begins at 3:15. If you pick up your child before 3:00, you must sign them out at the Main Office. If you pick up your child after 3:15, you must sign him/her out via the Student Sign-in/Sign-out form which is located at the bus door. Students must leave campus by 4:00 pm unless they are participating in an after school activity. All students must be picked up from after school activities on time.
Based on Hope Hall’s philosophy that given enough time and the right learning environment all children can learn well, creating a learning environment that fosters the social/emotional development of our children as well as their cognitive development is extremely important. The social/emotional growth of our students goes hand-in-hand with their academic growth, and the two cannot be separated. The goal of Hope Hall’s Counseling Program is to facilitate the development of various skills and strategies that will strengthen the students’ social/emotional growth, and help each student form healthy relationships with peers and adults.
The Counseling Program will…
- Address referrals of students for individual and/or group counseling
- Offer emotional and mental support to students
- Promote the development of necessary skills and strategies that will help students cope, learn, and succeed
- Provide school wide trainings and educational programs to students and families
- Work in collaboration with the teachers and staff to plan for and support each student
- Maintain strong communication with parents/guardians as appropriate
- Work with parents/guardians to help enhance their ability to work with their child
- Link students and families to the necessary community resources as needed
- Participate in crisis intervention
It is important to understand that the Counselors at Hope Hall are not therapists. Hope Hall Counselors help to foster skill development and offer support to the students. If at any point a student’s social/emotional or mental needs exceed our Counselors’ realm of support, referrals to outside agencies will be made.
Referrals to the Hope Hall Counseling Program:
Teachers, staff, parents/guardians, and students can make a referral for counseling at any time throughout the school year. Referrals can be made a number of ways.
- Referral Forms: The Counseling Program has referral forms located in the main office that can be filled out and submitted
- Phone Call: Counselors will accept referrals via phone call
- Meetings: A parent/guardian and/or staff can request a Focus Meeting to discuss student related concerns (academic, social, behavioral) which could lead to a counseling referral and support plan
Snow Emergency Information:
- Hope Hall will be closed if the Rochester City School District has closed.
- Hope Hall will be closed if the Gates-Chili Schools are closed.
- If your home school district is closed they will not send a bus for your child.
- If your area is experiencing bad weather and Hope Hall is open, you will have to make a prudent decision whether to bring your child to school. If it is possible to bring your child to school, please do so.
- If Hope Hall is open and you do not bring your child to school please call and let us know of your decision.
- Our school is open at 7:30 A.M. each morning.
- In case of bad weather: after 6 A.M., listen to these Radio or TV stations to find out if Hope Hall School will be closed because of dangerous snow conditions.
If you do not hear our name then we are not closed.