September Newsletter: Creating Community, Developing a Language of Hope
In September’s Newsletter, Sister Diana shares how, from the very first day at Hope Hall, she focuses students on the actions of Creating Community and on Developing a Language of Hope.
The day starts with a community meeting in which she shares the idea that, at that very moment, they possess everything for the leaders God intends them to become, they simply need to grow into their future selves. In the afternoon, they bury a piece of paper with the idea of something they think they can’t do and cover it with a plant. As the year progresses, the plant flourishes, as do the students in their confidence and abilities.
In this issue, we also cover:
- The fun activities enjoyed by our students who participated in the Summer Program at Hope Hall
- An update on the High Hopes Golf Tournament
- Recent successes experienced by some of our Alumni
- A Thanks to the SBC Cares Backpack Giveback program
- How a Qualified Charitable Distribution from Your IRA can make a difference to both you and Hope Hall
- How Hope Hall intends to return to school safely on Wednesday, September 8
- An update on our Community Thrives Senior Success Scholarship Fund