Goal: Our students will be successful, life-long learners.
Objectives: To achieve this goal Hope Hall:
- Provides a small classroom setting of 8-12 students in elementary grades and 10-15 in high school.
- Provides a mainstream curriculum which focuses on basic skills in language arts (listening, speaking, reading, writing), mathematics, social studies, science, American Sign Language, art, music, and physical education.
- Provides intensive remediation for students to bring them to grade level and prepare them for High School.
- Provides a learning environment in which:
- Material is presented slowly, in small sequential units, to allow for content mastery.
- All of the senses are used in the learning process.
- Flexible teaching styles correlate with learning styles.
- Students develop higher level thinking skills including, drawing conclusions, making inferences, and predicting outcomes.
- Encouragement, support and community spirit is fostered among students, teachers, and staff.
- All students can experience success and find encouragement for themselves as persons, and as students. Feelings of self-worth, confidence and social growth are emphasized for each learner.