Join us virtually on
Saturday, October 9 at 7 pm
Opening remarks start at 7 pm, and the live program begins at 7:45 pm
At this year’s Hope Heroes Toast for Hope Gala, we are thrilled to be expanding participation by inviting you to join us virtually for the fun, festivities and online auction!
Bidding is now open to the public on Hope Hall’s online auction that includes gorgeous gift baskets, our signature Hope Chests filled with anywhere from $50 – $200 in gift cards, and beautiful, hand-crafted woodworking items.
To place a bid, you MUST REGISTER ON-LINE. If you participated in our virtual gala last year, you likely have an account already. If you didn’t, it only takes a few minutes.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Click on “Get Started” in the upper right-hand corner.
- If you have previously created an account, you can log in with your username and password
- If you need assistance retrieving that information, click on “Forgot?”
- When you log in, your personal information, including credit card registered, shows up on the right-hand side of the screen. Please check to make sure you do not need to update any information (especially credit card #s and expiration dates)
- If you have never bid in an on-line auction, you can click on “Learn to Bid” in the upper left-hand corner for a tutorial
- If you do not have an account, click on “Create Account”
- You will be asked to put in your email twice, click on “I’m not a robot,” then click “confirm”
- You will receive an email link to confirm your email
- Click the link and you will be returned to the page to continue creating your account.
- Enter your personal information, mobile phone number and credit card
*** Cards will not be charged until the auction closes on 10/9 IF you are the winning bidder unless you choose to “Buy Now”
SUCCESS! YOU CAN BEGIN BIDDING!
Tips for on-line bidding:
- Make sure to enter a cell phone number if you want to get text notices when you get outbid
- You can mark things as “favorites” to check in on items you are interested in later
- After you place a bid, if you want to “set it and forget it” you can click “bid more”
- Clicking “bid more” let’s the computer bid for you automatically if you get outbid
- You get to select a maximum amount you are willing to donate to get the item
- For example, if you put in a starting bid of $50 for an item valued at $100, you can click “bid more” and set the maximum bid to $100, then the computer will bid for you, up to $100, if someone outbids you
Auction items, including gift basket, Hope Chests and Woodworking items will be available for pick-up at Hope Hall between October 13th and October 19th by appointment. All winners will be contacted on October 12th to arrange for pick-up.
Thank you for being a Hero to Hope Hall’s Students!
Questions? Contact Samanth Standing at (585) 426-5824 Ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.